In the following, we will inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website, as well as the functions provided through this. Personal data are all data, which relate to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company Data Protection Representative
The controller in accordance with Art. 4 Subsection 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
representative of Director M.Re. Dipl.-Ing. Architect Tobias Ell
52074 Aachen | Germany
Tel +49 (241) 88 75-0
Fax +49 (241) 88 75-190
The company Data Protection Representative of Carpus+Partner AG can be reached at the aforementioned address, attn.: Data Protection Representative, or at email@example.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of its use
a When visiting the website
For the mere informational use of the www.carpus.de, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise send us information, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called logfile. The following information is recorded without your involvement and is stored until it is deleted automatically:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of the access,
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- access status/HTTP status code,
- respective transferred data volume,
- website from which the access occurs (referrer URL),
- browser used,
- the operating system of your computer and its interface,
- the name of your access provider and
- language and version of the browser software.
The data referred to are processed by us for the following purposes:
- guaranteeing smooth-running connection establishment to the website,
- guaranteeing convenient use of our website,
- evaluation of the system security and stability, as well as
- for additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is (Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter f GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. In no event do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions as to your personal details.
b When subscribing to our newsletter
If you have expressly consented according to Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. Providing an e-mail address is sufficient for receiving the newsletter. The provision of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally.
It is possible to unsubscribe at any time, for example, by using a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, please feel free to send your unsubscribe request by e-mail at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
3. Disclosure of data
Sending of your personal data to third parties does not occur for purposes other than those listed below.
We only disclose your personal data to third parties, if:
- you have granted your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter a GDPR,
- disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter f GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and no reason exists for assuming that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter c GDPR, and
- this is legally admissible and necessary for processing the contractual relationships, in accordance with Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter b GDPR.
Information is filed in the cookie, which arises in relation to the specifically used end device. However, this does not mean that we directly receive knowledge of your identity.
For this, we also use temporary cookies to optimize the user friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a specified period of time. If you visit our website again, in order to use our services, it is automatically identified that you have already been with us and which entries and setting you have made, so you do not need to repeat them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes referred to, in order to preserve our interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Subsection 1, S. 1 Letter f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser such that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may lead to you not being able to use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so called cookies, which are textfiles saved on the computer of the user in order to analyze the usage of the website. The information created by the Cookie concerning your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the case of activation of IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be previously abbreviated by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other Contracting States of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. On behalf this website’s operator, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to produce reports concerning the website activities for the website operator and to produce additional services associated with the use of the Internet and website.
The IP address sent by your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data of Google.
You can prevent the cookies from being stored by means of an appropriate setting in your browser software; however, we must point out that in this case not all functions of the website will be available to you in their full capacity. Furthermore, you can prevent the storing of data generated by the cookies and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) to Google and processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the available browser plugin at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
This website uses Google Analytics, with the “_anonymizeIp()” add-on. This way, IP addresses are processed further in an abbreviated form and a personal reference can thereby be excluded. If a personal reference is attributed to your collected personal data, this is therefore excluded immediately and the personal data are thereby deleted immediately.
This website uses the “demographic characteristics” function of Google Analytics. With this, reports can be generated, which contain statements about age, gender and interests of the website visitors. These data originate from interest-based advertising of Google and from visitor data of third-party providers. These data cannot be allocated to a specific person. You can deactivate these functions at any time in your Google account or generally prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics, as described above.
We have concluded a contract with Google for commission data processing and implement the strict stipulations of the German data protection authorities for the use of Google Analytics.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website and improve it on a regular basis. We can improve our service using the statistics obtained and design it to be more interesting for you, as a user. For the exceptional cases, in which personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter f GDPR and, if a consent is required and has been issued by you, Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter a GDPR.
Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms and conditions:
Data privacy overview:
6. Google Maps
We use Google Maps services on this website. This way, we can display interactive maps directly in the website and enable you to use the map function conveniently.
By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-site on our website. Furthermore, the data referred to under 2 a. of this policy are sent. This occurs, irrespective of whether Google provides a user account, through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged into Google, your data are allocated directly to your account. If you do not want the allocation to your profile with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising purposes, market research and/or needs-based design of its websites. Such an evaluation particularly occurs (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You are entitled to a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google, in order to exercise this.
Our website uses plugins of the YouTube website operated by Google. The operator of the website is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our websites, which has a YouTube plugin, a link will be established to the YouTube servers. The YouTube server is notified which of our web pages you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account, YouTube can allocate your surfing behavior to your personal profile.
8. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information from us about your personal data, which we process. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients, to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage duration, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of the processing or contradiction, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and possibly significant information about their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you may immediately request the correction of inaccurate or completion of your personal data stored with us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, request the deletion of our personal data stored with us, if the processing is not required to exercise the right of free expression of opinion and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, request the restriction of processing your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject the deletion and we no longer require the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have filed an objection against processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you can obtain your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format or request that it be transmitted to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Subsection 3 GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your given consent at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the data processing, which was based on this consent, for the future and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual abode or workplace or our registered office.
9. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Subsection 1 S. 1 Letter f GDPR, you have the right to lodge an objection against the processing of your personal data, in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, insofar as reasons exist for this, which arise from your specific situation or if the objection is aimed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us, without indicating a specific situation.
If you intend to exercise your right of revocation or objection, an e-mail to email@example.com is sufficient.
10. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widely prevalent SSL procedure (secure socket layer) in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level, which is supported by your browser. As a rule, this involves 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we resort to 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can identify whether an individual page of our Internet presence has been transferred using encryption, you can recognize this by the closed illustration of the key/lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures, in order to protect your data from accidental or malicious manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction of from unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments.
Source: STEIN & PARTNER Rechtsanwälte mbB